UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS DIGITAL DISPLAY EXPERIENCE
The University of Kansas built a beautiful new building to house their School of Business and came to Hint to build an LCD screen experience in the atrium. They wanted to display business school news and KU basketball games, but what else could we use that digital display to solve. We started where all good strategy starts: humans. What problems could we solve for the students, faculty, and staff that would occupy the building and walk past this display several times every day throughout their entire collegiate career?
NATIONAL SOCCER COACHES ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA REBRAND
The National Soccer Coaches Association of America needed to get board approval to rename and rebrand the organization. They came to Hint to create a video but what they needed was a pitch. We started with the coaches themselves, found out what was important to them as humans as well as coaches, then employed a simple strategy: appeal to the authentic, base emotion of leading young people.
HALLMARK JEWELRY BRAND ESSENCE VIDEO
We all know the brand character of Hallmark but how does that brand character apply to a sophisticated, elegant line of jewelry? Understanding who buys jewelry and the motivating factors behind the purchase is key to establishing an authentic strategy. In our case at Hint, we discovered pretty early in the research that the most effective story was going to be one that focused on the meaning behind the gift rather than the jewelry itself.
DO SPACE EXPERIENCE
The Do Space is a digital library and learning center located in Omaha, Nebraska. Their agency, Swanson Russell, came to us to help create a digital experience on the large display as users entered the space. We broke down their audiences into purpose buckets and uncovered similar motivations behind their visits to Do Space. That then became the foundation of the strategy: You + Do = New, the idea that every person who enters the building leaves changed.
MISSOURI EMPLOYERS MUTUAL CAMPAIGN
When Missouri Employers Mutual approached Hint, they asked, "How would a story shop approach a brand campaign?" We started by researching both agents and buyers and found that they were both fans of anything that helped them achieve their purpose... like an insurance company that taught them how to reduce injury and save money.
KANSAS CITY BALLET'S "NUTCRACKER" CAMPAIGN
75% of the seats at the Kansas City Ballet's yearly performance of "The Nutcracker" sell regardless of marketing. The performance is a holiday tradition to many, but what about the other 25%? The ballet challenged us at Hint to sell out the remaining seats with a new campaign. The research uncovered that the traditional fine arts competition wasn't competition at all. We needed to reach those who were choosing Chiefs games and Disney on Ice. Our strategy was to play upon their parenthood.
CHEVROLET "DAY IT FORWARD" STORY
Chevy's PR agency, FleishmanHillard, came to us at Hint with a problem: we have a story but don't know how to tell it. A teacher in rural Kansas had submitted his entire 3rd grade class' response to a Chevy social call to share your kid's most crazy Dream Machines, drawings of their idea of awesome cars. Others researched Chevy's audience for clues, but these were going to be social stories, so we researched Chevy's social audience and found an older, Latino male audience moved by family. So that became the strategy to the most watched piece of content in their Day It Forward campaign.
KANSAS CITY REGIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS "ROCK THE BLOCK" EVENT
One day, 13 homes, hundreds of realtors. "Rock the Block" is a community outreach event that invites realtors from all over the area to descend upon on neighborhood and do everything they can in a single day to turn it from dilapidated to beautiful. At Hint, we were charged with telling the story of the day, but is this a story about realtors or is this a story about picking each other up? Our strategy was to make this a story about making things better.
PROTASSIUM+ BRAND ESSENCE
Protassium+ is a potasium-based fertilizer designed to lengthen the life and strengthen the yield of dozens of crop types across the agricultural spectrum. It's real story is how it's made, sourced from an evaporation process in the Great Salt Lakes. It takes time, it;s built to last, and it's focused on quality... just like we discovered our audience to be.